The world is my home

Expand Current Page

Work Permits in South Africa

An overview of the visa application process to be followed by foreigners coming to South Africa for work...

Any foreign national intending work and stay in South Africa temporarily must apply for a work visa before entering the country. There are a number of different types of work visa and requirements differ depending on the skills and qualifications of the applicant and the needs of the South African employers.

Work permits are issued by the Department of Home Affairs. Enquiries about work permits should be made to the nearest Department of Home Affairs Office (for employers in South Africa) or at the South African Embassy, High Commission or Consulate in the applicant's home country. If there is no South African representation in the applicant's home country, it is possible to apply at the South African Embassy, High Commission or Consulate in a neighbouring country.

Direct enquiries can be made to:

  • Department of Home Affairs
    Subdirectorate: Temporary Residence
    Postal Address: Private Bag X114,Pretoria 0001, South Africa
    Tel: +27(0)12 314 8911
    Fax: +27(0)12 328 3908
  • For the Department of Home Affairs website and work permit information page: Click here
Do you have a suggestion to improve this page? click here...

Looking for an international business opportunity? Why not run an AngloINFO site?
AngloINFO is growing fast and is looking for the right people to take on regional AngloINFO franchises around the world - click here to find out more!

AngloINFO Franchising: Be your own boss - where you want to be!